If you saw a critical doer, would you recognize it? As we take this journey together in making the jump from critical thinker to critical doer, it’s important that we establish a common baseline of traits of the critical doer. Here is a list of traits that distinguishes someone with a thoughtful idea from someone who has a thoughtful idea and puts it into action.
Traits of a Critical Doer
- Committed to thinking and acting
- Generates motion from “why” more than “what”
- Capitalizes on opportunities to be better
- Keeps risk and failure in context with opportunity and success
- Controls what is theirs to control
- Attacks problems and creates opportunities from the inside out
- Willing to lead
- Understands following
- Works as hard to develop strength of character as strength of talent
- Understands time; long and short view
- Servant spirit
Trust me, I wouldn’t leave you with just a list. The heart of this blog is sharing both academic theory and real life experiences to develop the traits of a critical doer. Your stories of leaders that broke the gridlock of indecisiveness, indifference, and inertia to do great deeds, big or small, will add context and depth.
Thanks as always for following this blog and please start contributing; it’s what a critical doer would…do!